Xender is a great way to share files, videos, images, and any sort of data from one mobile device to the other. One of the main reasons why Xender gained popularity was due to its ability to share files over Bluetooth at nearly 200 times average speeds. Hence, this allowed Xender to maintain the leading position as the world’s fastest and most simple file sharing tool. Luckily for us, there is a way to use Xender for PC as well. It’s not a downloadable application like it is for a mobile device but instead a web-based version.
How to Get Xender On PC
Xender for PC is just as versatile as its mobile app. It’s still free to use and you can also exchange files between two computers. Moreover, Xender retains its excellent transfer speed even when sending large .exe or .msi files. It requires no wired connection between mobile devices and PC, as files can be transferred at lightning-fast speeds via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. In this guide, there are technically two ways to obtain Xender. The first is the official and recommended method, which is by using the browser-based Xender app. The second is by using an emulator known as Bluestacks. We’ll discuss these methods in more detail below.
Method #1: Web-Based Xender
The web-based Xender is similar to how Whatsapp web works. You simply scan a QR code from your mobile device to connect both PC and mobile devices together. Just follow the easy instructions below:
- On your mobile device, open the Xender app and click the ‘+’ button on the bottom of the screen.
- This will take you to a page where it asks you to enter http://web.xender.com or an IP address. Enter either one of these links in the address bar on your PC’s web browser.
- A QR code will be displayed on your PC’s web browser.
- Press the “Scan” button on your Xender mobile app and hover over the QR code.
- Your mobile device will now turn on a hotspot named “Xender_*****”. Connect to this from your computer’s WiFi settings. After connecting, enter the IP address link they provide you on the mobile app. It is different for everyone.
- You are now free to send or receive any sort of data through your PC.
Method #2: Xender For PC Using BlueStacks Emulator
Bluestacks is an android emulator that allows you to run Android apps inside your computer. Since Android is an open-source operating system, people are able to develop an Android OS for the computer. It has excellent developer support and runs most Android applications perfectly. The only few downsides of using this method are that you’ll always have to open the emulator in order to access the Xender app. Moreover, BlueStacks can be very resource-heavy as running a virtual Android system on your computer can take a toll on your CPU and disk usage. Before your install Bluestacks ensure that you meet the following requirements:
Minimum System Requirments To Run BlueStacks
- Windows or macOS installed (does not support Linux)
- Your PC must have 2GB of RAM/main memory
- Your PC must have 4GB of disk space available
- Intel or AMD Processor
- Direct X 9.0 or higher installed on your system
In order to install BlueStacks and download the Xender app follow the instructions below:
- Download and install the BlueStacks emulator on your computer.
- Open the application and sign in to your Google account.
- From the home screen open the Google Play Store.
- Search for “Xender” in the Play Store, download, and install the app.
- After installing the application, it should appear on your BlueStacks home screen. Launch it and use Xender just as you would on a mobile device. You can also connect to other PC’s using the web-based or Bluestacks Method.
The Best Alternatives To Xender For PC
Let’s say you don’t want to go through all the steps above just to install a file sharing app on your PC. Luckily for you, there are several alternative software you can use that are designed for the PC. You can also use these apps to share files to your mobile device. Check them out below!
1. SHAREit For PC
SHAREit is probably Xender’s most competitive mobile app. The great thing about SHAREit is that it has its own downloadable application for desktops and PCs. All you have to do is download the .exe file under “Download SHAREit for PC” from their website and you’ll be able to access all its excellent features. You can also log in to the app using your phone number and it comes with a built-in video and music player to instantly play the files you transferred from your mobile device.
Dropbox is another multi-platform file sharing app that supports all devices; Windows/Mac and iOS/Android. Just create a Dropbox account and you can easily share files between your computer and mobile device. The free version allows you to store up to 2GB worth of files, but paid plans allow you to store up to nearly 2TB. Dropbox offers excellent security during file transfer, making it one of the most commonly used sharing apps for businesses and educational institutions.
Feem claims it can provide transfer speeds that are 50 times faster than Bluetooth and nearly twice as fast as Dropbox. Despite being a free app, it is ad-supported. The security is excellent as all files are encrypted with TLS(Transport Layer Security) before being sent. The free version does limit you to a few devices, but it should suffice for an average user.
Sharing files between computers and mobile devices is a common task we have to perform quite often. We hope this guide helped you access Xender for PC. If you didn’t like the methods you have to use to use Xender on a computer, just use any one of the alternatives listed above. They’re just as great and provide essentially the same amount of functionality and ease of use as Xender.