Steam is one one of the well known and widely used gaming platform for PC. Since its initial release in 2003, it manages to improve itself, but still, there is some issue persists with the Steam store that needed to be fixed, the Steam Store not loading is among those errors.
Steam Store loading error can occur due to multiple reasons such as unstable internet connection, corrupted HTML caches. Aside from these, there are some reasons why the Steam Store won’t load such as Steam browser cache, or an outdated version of Steam.
Thankfully it is possible to fix Steam library not loading simply by following the steps we have mentioned below. So whenever you face issues with the Steam store, consider following the steps written below.
How To Fix Steam Not Working Issue?
Before proceeding to the possible solution section it is best practice to restart your computer. This is one of the most effective ways which proven helpful to fix the number of the issue we face on our PC. This action will refresh the operating system of your PC and clear all the unwanted cache or corrupted files.
However this method is not proven helpful for every time, there could be some other steps also that you need to taken to fix Steam Store issues. So without revolving the topic further, shall we begin talking about the steps involved in fixing Steam Store not loading black screen.
1. Remove HTML Cache:-
The HTML cache is the main culprit of the Steam website not loading issue. If you have not cleared the HTML cache in while, then possibly some of them become corrupted so it is best practice to clear them. If you’re a non-techie guy then you might not be aware of the steps, fret not here we have mentioned the steps that will help you to clear the HTML cache.
- Head to the File Explorer on Windows PC. To do so, simply press Windows+E simultaneously.
- Tap on the Switch tab, mark the option Hidden files, and at last click on Apply to save settings.
- Now invoke the search box on your PC by pressing Windows+R.
- Copy the following path and paste it into the search field of your search box. Remember to change Username with your account name.
- On the next screen, you will see a list of files, select all of them, and press the Ctrl+Shift+D button simultaneously on your keyboard to permanently delete all the files.
- After that once again invoke the search box by pressing Windows+R. This time you need to type steam://flushconfig and click on Ok.
- This will lead you to a pop-up window, where you need to click on OK to confirm your request. Keep this in mind that after clearing the Steam cache you need to re-login to your Steam account once again.
2. Clear Web Browser Cache:-
Continuous use of the browser will store a huge amount of cache in your local storage. If any of the cache files are corrupted then you will probably face loading issues with Steam Store. It is recommended to delete browser cache from time to time to ensure the smoother experience of gaming.
- First, you should launch the Steam client as you ideally do then in the left panel you will able to see the Steam tab click on it.
- In the drop-down menu, you will see the Settings option, click on it proceed to the next step.
- In the left panel, the Web Browser tab will appear to click on it.
- At last, consider clicking on Delete Web Browser Cache and Delete All Browser Cookies.
- To confirm your action click on Ok.
3. Do A Fresh Start With Steam:-
This is one of the effective ways to fix the Steam Store not loading Mac. All you need to do is uninstall the Steam from your PC and perform a fresh installation. Also if this step seems difficult to you then you can consider updating the Steam instead of a fresh installation. However, updating sometime won’t able to give the desired outcome.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to launch the task manager on your PC.
- Here you will see all the processes running on your computer, locate the Steam ClientBootStrapper(32 bit) and right-click on it and choose End Task.
- Head to the control manager and uninstall the Steam.
- After that visit the official website of Steam and click on Install Steam.
Follow the on-screen prompts to install Steam on your PC. Once you have installed the Steam on your device, you need to login back to your account. To avoid any kind of complications we suggest you note down the username and password of your Steam account before uninstalling it from your PC.
In case if you have forgotten your password then fret you can easily reset your password by clicking forgot password? option.
These were some of the possible solutions that will help you to fix the Steam Store won’t load issue. I hope after going through these steps you are able to fix the issue. However, in some worse cases, these methods failed to give the desired outcomes then you should prefer to connect with the customer support team of Steam. Click here to connect with the customer support team. They have extensive experience in dealing with similar kinds of issues.
Well, that’s the end of our today how to fix Steam Store not loading comprehensive post. If any of your questions remain unanswered then connect with us using the comment section.