Forgetting Windows 7 admin password is one of the worst experience in the world, but with so many technologies available for now, it has become much convenient than ever to get into the device when you are locked out. While it might be easy to reset Windows 7 password, it is highly advisable to use a complex and unique password for login.
If other people could physically access your system, which has an easy-to-guess password, there are chances is that your data might be compromised.
So, if you have forgotten Windows 7 login password or lost it, there are many ways in which you can follow to reset it and gain access to your data with or without any additional software.
In this article, we will cover different ways to Reset Windows 7 Password easily.
How to Reset Windows 7 Password?
Follow these below mentioned steps to reset Windows 7 password without logging in effortlessly.
1. Bypass Windows 7 Login Password In Safe Mode With CMD
By default, the in-built administrator is created and set disabled but has no password rescue in Windows computer. While you run Windows 7 PC usually, it will not be found and used. Anyhow, if you can run your Windows 7 in safe mode with command prompt, it will run the command prompt to remove Windows 7 login password.
In Windows 7, there are 3 various kinds of safe modes to select, Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking and Safe Mode with Command Prompt. In order to make full use of command prompt to bypass Windows 7 login password, please select the third one.
1. Reboot your Windows 7 PC and hold on clicking F8 to enter Advanced Boot Options.
2. Select Safe Mode with Command Prompt in the displaying screen and Hit Enter.
3. In the pop-up command prompt tab, type net user and hit Enter. Then all Windows 7 user accounts would be indexed in the tab. Just find the login user whichever displayed again and again on Windows 7 logon display.
4. Remove Windows 7 login user password using net user command. This is how you can Reset Windows 7 Password using command prompt.
2. Bypass Windows 7 Login Password With Reset Disk
Windows 7 password reset disk is dedicated to resetting or removing Windows 7 password when you forget on the login display. And only one reset disk runs for one user account on Windows PC.
1. Start your Windows 7 PC and connect it with password reset disk.
2. Select the user account on Windows 7 login display if you know which account the disk is created for.
If not, please try one by one on the login display. Find out the suitable account to remove its login password.
3. Type an incorrect password by yourself for login user and Hit OK if it is prompted wrong.
4. Then press on Reset password link under the password box to open Password Reset Wizard.
5. Click on Next and select the inserted password reset disk. Press on Next.
6. Don’t write anything in the password input field while you are asked to reset the password for the login user.
7. Just Press Next and Finish, and the Windows 7 login password will be removed.
3. How to Reset Windows 7 Password Without Resetting Disk
Many times you can’t remember the password and also have no disk, one of the most usual ways is trying the software to reset your Windows 7 password and get the access to your computer. These programs would be the primary choice for those who require to get back the lost password, it’s a well-known method preferred by most of the users. These tools are very effective at resetting forgotten or lost password, comprising admin password, normal account password. What’s more, these soft wares can reset passwords for Windows 10 /8/7, Vista/XP and Windows Server 2000/2003/2008/2013 at very quickly and appropriately manner. All you require to do is to make a bootable USB or CD/DVD disk with the tool. Then boot your computer with the disk, locate the account you want to remove the password And finally, click the reset button to unlock the password.
Some of the benefits of using third party application:-
- Only 3 steps to reset forgotten Windows local administrator, domain and other user account passwords, No data loss.
- Burn a password reset disk using CD/DVD/USB flash drive on another workable PC.
- Supports different companies of PC’s, laptops and tablet PCs, e.g Dell, Hp, Sony, Toshiba, Acer, Samsung, and ThinkPad, etc.
- Supports Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Windows Vista, XP, 2000 and Windows server.
The following tutorial will tell you how to reset admin or login password on Windows 7 in more deep.
1. Download and Install Windows Password Recovery on a Normal PC
Download and install the program into another working PC to create a bootable Windows password reset disk. After installation, open the program as admin(Right-click on the desktop shortcut and select run as administrator).
2. Create a Bootable Password Recover Disk with USB Drive or CD/DVD
You require a USB flash drive or CD/DVD at hand before going to the next step. When you run the program, it asks you to choose a media type to frame the recovery disk. Press on the media names you currently have.
In here, you can take a USB drive for example. Press on the USB Device button and you will be promoted to a display like follows, then select the USB drive from the drop-down list. And press Begin Burning to begin writing image files to the USB drive. When the burning is succeeded, a pop-up message says Burning Successfully. It means the password recovery disk is OK.
3. Insert the USB or CD/DVD to the Password-locked PC and Boot PC from USB
Insert the USB or CD/DVD reset disk to the PC which password is locked PC. Boot your PC and enter into BIOS settings by typing certain keyboard. This process differs in different computer brands. Then select the option of booting from USB or CD/DVD.
4. Start To Reset Your Password, Then Restart Your PC
Restart your PC when the boot ordered has Altered. This time, Windows Password Recovery will startup during the process of booting. Choose the target user, which you want to reset the password. Then click the Reset Password button below the user index. Press Yes when a confirmation message pops up. After resetting the password, the password of the target user will be blank. Then click Restart to let the PC eject the recovery disk and Hit Yes to reboot your PC. Now, the PC will be started up without the login password. Feel free to set one when successfully enter into the system. From the above tutorial, you can see it’s kind of easy to use the third party program. It guarantees a 100% recovery rate and supports FAT16, FAT 32, NTFS, and NTFS5 file systems. It is very safe as it won’t damage your computer and existing data on your PC.
If you have another admin user on that PC, this JOB will be simplified for you. Otherwise, you will have to do little extra work to achieve your goal. Using program is the easiest and fastest way to regain access your Windows 7 PC and no loss of data. With that in mind, it is very important to choose the version that will serve you better according to the setting of your PC.
The methods mentioned above are more than enough to reset windows 7 password, even if you have forgotten your password you can apply these methods. If you feel any difficulty in implementing these methods please let us know in comments, we will surely help you.