The 0xc00000e9 error code appears as a result of the registry of Windows not working properly. This issue needed to be taken seriously cause it prevents the PC from normal boot up. When this windows 10 error code 0xc00000e9 pop up you will see a black screen with an error message saying Windows not able to boot because there some issue that persists with the I/O settings. This error will affect the overall performance of your PC and invite several issues.
We know how annoying error code 0xc00000e9 in Windows 10 is, that’s why we have come up with the solutions that will help you to fix the issue with minimal effort. All you need to do is follow the steps correctly and you will end up by fixing the error 0xc00000e9. Additionally, we have also mentioned the reasons that can cause these 0xc00000e9 windows 10 issues.
Why 0xc00000e9 Error Code Pop Up?
This error code can pop up mainly when some issue persists with the Windows registry. But not every time you can blame the Windows registry, there are some other issues also that can pop up the windows 10 0xc00000e9. The following some of the possible reasons that bring this error code.
- Maybe your hard drive is infected by virus or malware or damaged due to any reasons.
- Windows might not be able to establish a connection with a hard disk because of loss or improper wire connection.
- CD or USB you are using to boot up the computer might be damaged or configured in the wrong way.
- Imperfect Windows update files.
- Corrupted or outdated drivers.
These were some of the possible reasons that bring the error code. Now as you’re aware of the reasons that cause the error code why can’t we begin to talk about the solutions.
How To Solve The 0xc00000e9 Error Code?
We have done proper research about this issue and come up with the below-suggested solutions. These solutions were tested by the number of users and they were able to fix the issue. If you also follow these solutions then you will also able to fix the issue.
1. Customize BIOS Settings
This is one of the most prominent methods to fix the issue. You need to restore the default BIOS settings and you will able to fix the issue. If you’re a non-techie guy then might not be aware of the steps involved in resetting BIOS settings, simply follow the subsequent steps and you will able to reset the BIOS settings to default.
- The process of opening BIOS settings varies from PC to PC. In most of PC, you need to press the reboot button followed by the F2, F10, or DEL key on your keyword.
- Once the BIOS setup is loaded up, you need to click on “Load optimal defaults”.
- Under the Advanced section, you will see the PC’s HDD setting configuration, tap on it. After that, you need to configure the settings either to AHCI Or IDE.
- Once the settings are saved, your PC might demand restart.
2. Check The Connection Of External Storage Devices
As we have discussed in the cause section that this error can also be prompted as a loose connection between the external storage device and computer. So if you’re seeing this error code then make sure your external storage devices are properly connected with the PC. Here is how this can be done.
- Head to the BIOS menu on your computer.
- In the top section, you will see the Boot option, tap on it and expand the Hard Drive directory
This will display a list of the storage devices connected with your PC. If your hard drive is not visible here then you need to remove it and connected it back properly.
3. Uninstall Incompatible Windows Updates
If you have started seeing the windows 10 error code 0xc00000e9 after the recent update of Windows then might be some issue persists with the Windows update. So it is best practice to uninstall the Windows update in safe mode to fix the issue, here is how this can be done.
- Invoke the search box by pressing Windows+R at the same time.
- Enter WinRE in the search box.
- Direct to the Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Settings.
- Now you need to choose to Enable safe mode with networking, do this by pressing F5.
- As you have entered into the safe mode, you need to right-click on File explore and select Properties.
- Head to the Control Panel available in the top left corner followed by the Programs and features.
- Right-click on the most recent update and select the Uninstall.
4. Perform Hard Disk Scan
Due to viruses or malware, your PC started causing problems. If the hard disk contains any bad sector, you will see error code 0xc00000e9 in Windows 10. So it is required to check the hard disk using the Check Disk utility. This is an inbuilt Windows utility that helps you to identify the bad sectors and fix them automatically.
- To avoid any type os issue, you are advised restarting your pc in safe mode.
- Launch the Command Promot with admin privileges.
- Type chkdsk/f/r in the command prompt stroke enter to proceed with the command.
After the successful execution of the command, you need to reboot your system.
If you follow the steps mentioned above properly then you will able to get rid of the annoying error code 0xc00000e9 windows 10 effectively. We have mentioned these steps in an easy manner to avoid any type of hassle while following them.
If none of the solutions workes as we have expected then you should need to restore your PC. However, by doing this you will lose all your data stored on your computer.
I hope you have found this piece of information helpful. Remember to share your thoughts with us using our comment section.