Many Windows users stated that they have seen a service called Bonjour in the task manager. Most of them are unaware of the Bonjour service and tend to believe that Bonjour service is a virus. To address your concerns we have come up with this blog post. Here we will answer all your questions that are related to it and also show you how you can uninstall Bonjour software.
What is Bonjour Service?
First of all, I want to say that Bonjour is not a virus. This service comes by default with the Apple devices and it is managed by a software called Bonjour. The main purpose of this application is to find and connects all the devices with each other that are using the same network. This service also has proven effective to configure a network with minimal efforts.
Now you might wonder that Bonjour is Apple service then why it constantly appearing on Windows? Am I right? This service appears as a result of some applications installed on your Windows computers such as Safari and iTunes. These applications can install Bonjour on your Windows computer.
Bonjour software is not like the rest of the Windows software. You won’t able to see the Bonjour icon on your desktop. It designed in a way to run in the background and simulate the normal network tasks. For instance,iTunes take advantage of this service to find other computers and allow them to transfer data with each other.
Aside from iTunes and safari, Adobe Creative Suite also takes advantage of this service to function properly. If you’re using this software on your Windows computer then we suggest you not uninstall or disable Bonjour, if you do then you will possibly encounter the issues with these applications.
Is It Safe To Uninstall Bonjour?
It is safe and very easy to uninstall Bonjour on Windows as well as on Mac. Since the Bonjour is not a virus you should not entertain to uninstall this service it can cause a number of issues. The normal workflow of some of the Windows applications will definitely be affected by the uninstallation.
You have two options to get rid of Bonj0ur software either you can opt to temporarily disable the service or uninstall the software completely. First, you need to prefer to disable the option to know about the applications that stopped working. If even after disabling the Bonjour, the required applications are working smoothly then you can move to the uninstallation steps.
How To Disable Bonjour Service?
It is very simple, you just need to follow a couple of the easy steps. The steps are going to be identical to disable other Windows services also. Now as you are sure about your decision, you need to go through the steps exactly as we have mentioned them.
- First, you need to invoke the search box by pressing the Windows+R key simultaneously on your keyword. Now as the search box appears you need type Service.msc in the search field. Take references to the picture shown below for more assistance.
- On the next prompted window, you will see a list of Windows services running in the background, you need to scroll to the Bonjour services and launch it by double-clicking on it.
- The next screen will display numerous options, service status is one of them, click on it and choose the Stop button to disable the service.
- Once the service is disabled head to the Startup type section and changes it to the Disabled.
- First, click on Apply, later on, OK to save the settings.
This is the most prominent method to disable Bonjour services. In the future, if you wish to enable the services then all you need to do is to follow the similar steps and change the startup type to the enable.
How To Uninstall The Bonjour Service?
If you have made up your mind to uninstall the service, then follow the below-suggested steps.
- Move to the Control panel.
- After that, you should navigate to the Programs and then Program and feature.
- Scroll down to find the Bonjour, just right-click on it and select the uninstall option.
- Now you need to follow the on-screen prompted set 0f instructions to remove Bonjour services on Windows.
Once you have uninstalled the Bonjour, you won’t be able to use iTunes and safari browser, so it is a good idea to delete them.
In today’s post, we have iterate all the information related to Bonjour services in detail. But still, if you believe that something is missing then don’t be shy to share with us. This software is one of the favored ways to connect your Windows computer with your Apple device.
I hope we have succeeded to answer all your inquiries such as what is Bonjour service, is Bonjour service a virus? Is it safe to uninstall Bonjour service on Windows and some additional too? If you have appreciated the post then give us thumbs up by distributing the post with your community.